This course will have you learning your first tricks which will give you a solid base from which you can branch out into many different disciplines. Our coaches will be on hand to guide you and provide expert tuition throughout the day. This course is accredited by Unicycling UK so you can be sure you are receiving the highest quality unicycle training. Choose from our two locations: Bristol and Luton.
What will I learn?
This course will teach you the foundations to delve into unicycling as a sport. We will cover transferable skills, which are relevant to many different forms of unicycling, including Commuting, Freestyle, Flatland, Street, Trials, Mountain Unicycling, Racing, Basketball and Hockey.
You will learn how to:
- Mount your unicycle in different ways
- Increase your balancing ability and riding stability
- Ride backwards
- Ride with the seat out
- Master pair and group formations
- Create a pair routine
What’s included in the course?
- 4 x 45 min of unicycle instruction by an experienced coach
- UnicycleSkills Course Certificate
- Opportunity to join the Unicycle Skills Community
- Accredited by Unicycling UK
- A unicycle with a white tyre (or you can use one of ours)
Is this the right course for me?
If you can freemount, ride confidently, turn and stop in control, and would like to take the next step into unicycling as a sport, this course will give you the foundations that you need!
If you would like to learn how to mount or need some guidance for turning, take a look at our Unicycling Skill II: Basic Skills Course.
Have you already mastered idling, backwards riding and hopping and would like to learn more specific skills? Take a look at our discipline-specific courses, including Freestyle, Flatland, Street, Trials, Racing and Mountain Unicycling.